Friday, March 09, 2007

The return

Ummm yeah, Hi.

Sorta forgot about this thing for the last year and a bit, but perhaps I'll start posting again. It's pretty much just for my own interest anyway because as far as I'm aware noone else reads it.

So what's new? In stark contrast to my previous post I have been a vegetarian for just over a month now, primarily for environmental reasons, but also for health and ethical reasons as well. Ironically it all came about because of radtrip, where each year we descend upon the sunshine coast to eat animals and drink booze and swim at the beach for a week straight. I had decided to try eating no meat for a month afterwards, but as I read more and more about the environmental impact the meat industry has on the planet, as well as the health benefits of a vegetarian diet I became interested in continuing it.

The other big news of the moment is that I will finally be embarking on the trip around the world that I've been talking about for years now in September. It will be a bit rushed, as I'm only taking 5 weeks off work, but I'll be going to Peru, England, Belgium, France, and finishing in Germany just in time for the end of Oktoberfest. Should be a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to it, currently I'm saving as much money as a I can towards it and hopefully will be able to have it paid in full before leaving.

Well that's enough gibberish for a resurrection post, let's see if I manage to keep posting to this thing this time around.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Eat moar meat, drink moar beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home